Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

On 28/03/2018 23:50, alan_m wrote:

And soon you have to store your plastic bottles somewhere and remember
to take them back to Asda so they can waste time and money and diesel
storing and transporting them seperately.

Its possibly worse than that. A couple of reports in the media today
from spokesmen for the recycling industry have indicated that by
removing the higher value recycled materials from roadside collections
will/may make these roadside collections more expensive and/or less
viable. Roadside collectable waste for recycling will be related to low
value waste and the material that currently cannot be recycled for reuse
and is of no value to the recycling plants.

I'm sure that Asda will not want to refund deposits for bottles/cans
purchased elsewhere. Perhaps not too much of a problem for large chains
of supermarkets but maybe for franchised food stores with large
supermarkets in the neighbourhood.

That depends on how things work.

In other countries, the bottle will have a bar code and scanned. I'm
pretty sure its the manufacturer or importer that will reimburse the
'shop'. Usually the shop will only accept bottles it sells.

Where there's a will there is always a way.