Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this discoloration in toilet?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 02:14:02 GMT, Nick
m wrote:

replying to zcarenow, Nick wrote:
Hello
Muriatic acid is very toxic for you............. After the usage, it will end
up in the environment, it will not vanish.So vinegar and baking soda works
also; but you need to emptied as much as possible the toilet and scrub with
green scrubbing pad

Muriatic acid is tough on skin and the fumes will burn your lungs but
in the environment it disappears pretty quickly. It will react with
the calcium or other metals in the soil and become salts. Certainly a
rail car full would be a problem but a cup of it disappears pretty
fast. I use it by the gallon in my pool.