Speedy Jim

Default Switched Wall Receptacle Problem

H Davis wrote:

In one of my bedrooms, the wall switch operates both receptacles in the box
on one wall. Anything plugged into either receptacle is then operable by the
wall switch. However, I would like only one side of the receptacle to be
operable by the switch. How do I take one of the receptacles off the wall
switch?

H Davis

You don't, unless there is an extra "Hot-all-the-time" wire
already in the box.

Alternate: leave the switch on permanently and use a plug-in
remote control device to do whatever switching is needed.

Jim