Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair
Amethyst Amethyst is offline

Default Can a Roku streaming stick be used to get free TV stations?

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 16:31:25 -0500, Terry Coombs said:

* If I could get OTA TV for free ... but i live over a hundred miles
from the nearest "big" city , and down in The Hollr . No reception at all .

I am in a situation much like yours where it should be obvious that if we
don't even have cable service, we won't have over-the-air TV service
either, which is because we are remote and that's how we like things to be.

We are WISP for Internet and telephone and that's all we have other than
electricity from the power company. The water, and septic are not services
which are provided to us. Only garbage pickup happens once every two weeks
by truck and that's it for services pretty much.

The goal here is just to see if these Roku sticks can be made to work,
where the only HDMI "INPUT" we have is the computer monitor, which we can
free up if we use a different cable out the back of the desktop tower to
the computer monitor.

* You'll find that those outputs are just that - outputs only . The
input on the monitor should work though .

Thank you for confirming that the Playstation 3 and DVD player HDMI ports
are not going to be useful since they're both outputs.

That leaves the only HDMI input being the computer monitor.

For those who have a Roku streaming stick, do you concur that the sticks
should work in the computer monitor HDMI input? The computer is a modern
Windows computer desktop.