Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair

Default Can a Roku streaming stick be used to get free TV stations?

On 3/27/2018 4:00 PM, Amethyst wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:41:24 -0400, Paul said:

Netflix has a lot of nuances. One size bandaid doesn't fit all.

I just want to say that all the articles assume you'll pay for Netflix,
which isn't the question here.

I don't want to pay for anything since I think it's foolish to pay for what
you can get for free, if you can get it for free.

Â* If I could get OTA TV for free ... but i live over a hundred miles
from the nearest "big" city , and down in The Hollr . No reception at all .

That's why I asked what comes with the Roku sticks. It seems, from the
answers, "stuff" comes for free, so that's good.

Now all I need is to figure out if the Roku can plug into the HDMI "IN" of
the monitor (with a Y adapter) or if the Roku can plug into the HDMI "OUT"
of the Sony Playstation 3.

If the Roku can plug into the HDMO "OUT" of the Sony PS3, that would be
perfect because the Sony PS3 already has cables that go into the old but
rather large (48 inch?) Sony TV (maybe through the DVD player?).

Come to think of it, I didn't look at the back of the DVD player yet.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3232054dvd_player.jpg

The DVD player also has an HDMI "OUT" that I ask if I can plug the Roku
stick into?

Â* You'll find that those outputs are just that - outputs only . The
input on the monitor should work though .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on