Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Can a Roku streaming stick be used to get free TV stations?

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 3:41:25 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
Frank wrote:

Also think I would opt for higher download speed which may be needed for
streaming.

Nothing prevents an ISP from throttling Netflix,
even if you buy Gigabit service. That's the beauty of
net neutrality or the lack thereof.

Some ISP *might* throttle Netflix. But the OP is on wifi where he has only
5 mbits total. I think you're far more likely to see a problem there
with any streaming content,
as opposed to folks on cable with 100 mbits+. Especially if someone
else in the house is using the link for other purposes at the same time