Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which type of heater is best for a bathroom?

On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 15:19:26 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 27/03/18 13:32, Pete Zahut wrote:
Apart from a central heating radiator, which we can't do (and even if we
could, the central heating won't be on during the night so it's a
non-starter anyway), what's the best type of heater for in a bathroom?

This query has been prompted by a rather unpleasant situation. The
ceiling height in our (small) bathroom is 7ft 6in and we currently have
a fan heater mounted on the wall at about 6ft high. The fan heater
starts off at 2kW and when IT thinks it's warm enough, IT switches down
to 1kW automatically.

At about 3am one very cold morning I was woken up with a dose of the
runs and spent about 50 minutes to an hour sat on the loo. Of course, we
all know that hot air rises, so up at ceiling level the room was lovely
and warm, so much so that the fan heater took it upon itself to cut it's
output down to 1kW. Meanwhile, at 'sat on toilet level' I'm freezing me
nads off and shivering for England, as well as suffering the squits!

The fan heater has, just this very morning, gone to that great bathroom
in the sky and I'm wondering what we can replace it with that will allow
heat to get down to toilet height in order to avoid such a situation
again in the future.

Honestly an electric towel rail or stick electric UFH under the tiles

both inadequate normally.