Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Can a Roku streaming stick be used to get free TV stations?

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 11:17:01 AM UTC-4, 83LowRider wrote:
On 3/26/2018 9:40 PM, Amethyst wrote:

We don't really need TV, so we don't want to go the "broadcast" TV method
which will require an antenna from the roof to the bottom floor which is
just too much work, really, for crummy channels.

Get one of the indoor type that is very small, usually a box
about 10" square, and 1 inch thick. They are usually under 30 bucks
at a Walmart (type) store. If it doesn't acquire you any channels,
return it.

The OP said he's in a remote location, so good luck with that.
He can go to antennaweb.org, put in his location and it will tell
him what OTA is receivable and what kind of antenna he needs.
I'm only 40 miles from NYC, it's basically flat terrain and reception
with one of those indoor antennas is pretty poor. NBC came in OK,
CBS marginal, ABC, Fox and the rest not at all. And that was with
good weather.
antennas is poor. When