Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Which type of heater is best for a bathroom?

On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 13:31:59 UTC+1, Pete Zahut wrote:
This query has been prompted by a rather unpleasant situation. The
ceiling height in our (small) bathroom is 7ft 6in and we currently have
a fan heater mounted on the wall at about 6ft high. The fan heater
starts off at 2kW and when IT thinks it's warm enough, IT switches down
to 1kW automatically.

They do that. There aren't many truly thermostatically controlled fan heaters suitable for bathrooms.

I use a 500 watt t/stat controlled convector at low level. Warms the room adequately and doesn't run away with the lecky bill if left on accidentally.

Owain