Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default flexi hose

stuart noble wrote:
Used flexi connectors for kitchen taps about 5 years ago. Yesterday
hot side split and flooded kitchen. Seems they're no better than a
shower hose then?Mind boggles as to what might have happened if we
had been away. Obviously now I won't go anywhere without turning off
the stopcock.
Obvious question. Are there higher rated versions able to withstand
hot water? Should they be used at all?

New kitchen fitted pushing 10 years ago.
After 4 years a hose split under the sink and made a right mess. We are
insured for leaks - not my idea. Out comes plumber and replaced both hoses.
Both were kinked, other one was not far off splitting.
Bloody kitchen fitters!