Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well that pot hole has been fixed then

On 27/03/18 11:24, wrote:
On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 10:11:06 AM UTC, ARW wrote:
FFS

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Pothole.jpg

That is the councils second attempt after I phoned them up and gave them
a bollocking. The darker stuff higher up was laid down two weeks ago.

If you are blind then it a picture of a pot hole that has not been fixed
properly.
--
Adam

Call that a pothole... Around here they are a good 4" deep and will easily puncture a tyre.

I destroyed £1000 quid of alloy and tyre in a pothole once.

Come to think of it there is a whole stretch of the A27 (a major trunk road - pretty much a motorway) where the current tarmac surface is delaminating from the concrete old surface underneath it and nothing has been done about it for years (someone counted 130 pot holes recently)

Year ago when I used to commute to Brussels a section of raid outside
Calais was missing 'Chausseé Deformé'...

two years later I went by the same route. It was still missing.

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)