Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which type of heater is best for a bathroom?

On 27/03/2018 13:32, Pete Zahut wrote:
Apart from a central heating radiator, which we can't do (and even if we
could, the central heating won't be on during the night so it's a
non-starter anyway), what's the best type of heater for in a bathroom?

I suppose you could use a radiant heat insulated electric fire bar high
up or another fan heater. The former will warm surfaces and you slowly
by radiation the latter will warm the air in the room more quickly.

The fan heater has, just this very morning, gone to that great bathroom
in the sky and I'm wondering what we can replace it with that will allow
heat to get down to toilet height in order to avoid such a situation
again in the future.

Pity. It was probably the best chance in terms of warming up the air -
all you needed to do was disable the thermostat or set it impossibly
high. An air curtain/fan heater is about the best way to warm the air in
a room quickly.

You always have the problem that warm air rises but at least a fan
heater will stir things up if you set it up right. Done properly as a
door curtain it can also help keep warm are inside a heated room too.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown