Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair
Char Jackson Char Jackson is offline

Default Can a Roku streaming stick be used to get free TV stations?

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 01:40:20 +0000 (UTC), Amethyst
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 21:17:39 -0400, Keith Nuttle
said:

If you can get Netflix through the play station, you may be able to
access the net and get to the several free, or nominal cost sites.

Several? :-) See below.

I was hoping that the Roku "came with" some free channels.
We don't have any right now, so anything is better than nothing.

As of a year go, there were reportedly 4500+ Roku channels, including
both free and non-free channels. Those are only the Roku-approved
channels available through the Roku Channel Store, however. If you
include the private channels, there's about 2000 more. All of the
thousands of free channels "come with" any Roku purchase.

I'd recommend that you start by visiting the Roku site:
https://www.roku.com/how-it-works

I have 3 Roku devices in the house and love them. At least half a dozen
folks that I know of have purchased their own after playing with mine.