Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charles F[_3_] Charles F[_3_] is offline

Default Removing paint from veneered ply.

Just out of interest, what kind of speakers are they?

Charles F

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I've recently bought some ex broadcast monitoring loudspeakers. Unseen,
from Ebay. Pics showed them to be black which I assumed had been done for
use in a TV studio. As all the others I've seen are teak veneer on a ply
casing.

On collecting them, they are in very much better condition cosmetically
than the advert suggested. And by looking at the badges, appear to be
factory back finish. But simply a paint job over the original teak, which
is showing through on some edges.

Being painted, they don't look as good as a say true black ash veneer, so
I'd like to remove the paint to see what they are like underneath it. As
even if kept black, would benefit from a total re-paint.

So what would be the best way to remove the paint with minimal damage to
the veneer? I'd far rather spend time doing that than re-veneering them.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

---