Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT household rubbish

On Monday, 26 March 2018 12:19:52 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 25/03/2018 16:12, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Andrew
wrote:

We have no separate collections for food waste or electricals,
the council assume people are going to somehow travel to the
various Viridor sites and deposit their old fm radio or
hair curlers in the correct skip - if only.

People have no problem depositing all sorts of stuff at our local tip.
Mostly because all the bins are marked and there are people to ask.

Indeed, but those are the ones who make effort. A lot of people
can't be arsed and just chuck recyclable stuff in the normal
domestic rubbish bin..

Here we use an outside company for our recycling, we have a blue bin for multi-recyling but we were asked to put a notice on in saying only paper and card recycling. But they do collected it every week.