Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering iron flex

In article ,
Scott M wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Scott M wrote:
This gets coiled up and put in the small tool box and comes out once
per job rather than living on a bench which probably doesn't help.

I'd say an Antex a bit delicate for that sort of use. You want
something like a Henley Solon. ;-)

Sadly it's delicate stuff (well XLR, jack connectors, etc) out in the
field. Usually bent double balanced on a chair!

You don't need a particularly fine iron for XLRs. Beauty of the Antex is
its small size and light weight for doing a lot of soldering. But that
does mean it's less robust than others, so maybe not the best choice for
occasional field work.

(I'm not well up on what's around these days because as I said I made my
own solder station based around Antex and Pace handsets which I'm still
very happy with)

--
*Reality? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.