Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering iron flex

On Sunday, 25 March 2018 11:55:00 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
If you are so cack handed to try and solder the flex rather than the joint
I'd suggest you give up now...

Why dont you read and try to understand the post prior to responding?

Trying to understand you is akin to working out what goes on in Trump's
head.

I'm willing to bet I've done far more soldering than you. To the point of
even building my own solder/desolder station since there was nothing on
the market that suited me 100%.

And the idea of using a flex which melts if accidentally touched with a
hot bit just shows you've zero experience of soldering.

I was thinking back to the last time I melted a flex. It was probably in
my 20s.

Here it was on wed/thursday last week, although it was the flex to the soldering station PSU rather than the irons flex itself.

One cause may be the use of 24V irons, where the cord is better behaved.

Either way a little care can go a long way.

That's the thing about accidents you just can't assume car will be taken, you have to find ways of eliminting care as the solution to a problem.