Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

On 25/03/2018 15:21, dennis@home wrote:
On 25/03/2018 14:28, John Rumm wrote:
On 24/03/2018 16:50, alan_m wrote:
On 24/03/2018 16:32, John Rumm wrote:
The only snag is, I could probably
fill it half a dozen times just with grass clippings!

Grass clippings will compact to a least a sixth of the volume by
themselves within a few days in the summer.

Indeed, but I can take several cubic metres of them off the lawn in
one cutting when its growing fast... they really ain't going in the
bin! (not to mention it would mean manually handling them up into the
bin after the mower dumps em on the ground)

As long as you mow frequently they are better left on the grass anyway.
When you start cutting inches off then they become messy in the wet.

I can fit the mulching plug to the mower, and sometimes in peak growing
season I do. However you really need to cut more often then - like 2 to
3 times a week to get a good looking result. The mower does not really
have the power to mulch a whole weeks worth of growth (not to mention it
uses quite a bit more more petrol)

--
Cheers,

John.