Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering iron flex

On Sunday, 25 March 2018 15:38:46 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 25 March 2018 13:53:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

But the idea of saving pennies to use a less flexible flex which can
also be damaged by heat is ludicrous.

Oh - the more something get used, the more chance of damage to it.
Simple probability. And someone who only has a 25 watt mains soldering
iron simply doesn't do much in the way of electronics work. Or is a
total fool.

You don't have much wordly experience do you.

I've seen lots and lots of pro workshops. Which repair electronics. And
all have used low voltage temperature controlled soldering stations.

I've not seen the workshop end of many repair places. But some of them certainly do use much more basic equipment. The 'nicer' places use thermostatic, the more ramshackle places often don't.

Apart from anything else, with a low volt temperature controlled iron,
both the bits and elements will last longer. An important thing when
earning money from repairs. Anyone who doesn't know this is an amateur.

That's just funny. It's probably fair to say that ignorance re soldering iron tips is common.

Why do I waste my time on usenet.

NT