Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

On 25/03/2018 11:10, NY wrote:
"Andrew" wrote in message
news
I'm amazed that the efficient Germans haven't persuaded the EU to
'harmonize' bin colours. It might be good idea.

I agree. It would be a very good idea if there were standard colours for
specific types of waste, and standard items that can be collected at the
roadside and/or recycling centres.

I'd like to see a national standard for bin colours and what is
collected, with no additional per-load charge for items that are taken
to the tip (ie all covered by council tax),

The difficulty there is that the various recycling facilities around the
country do not all have the same capabilities. So you would be in danger
of reducing the range of things that can be collected everywhere to a
small common subset of recyclable items.

--
Cheers,

John.