Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default DeWalt SDS drill repair or dump?

Yes indeed, you need it especially to start with to keep the hole on the
right place at least, so they should be able to manage that OK. However I've
never taken a hammer drill to bits.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Friday, 23 March 2018 11:49:49 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 23/03/2018 11:35, George Miles wrote:

My DeWalt SDS drill turns but doesnt hammer.
Someone siad there's a spring inside which I may have broken by pushing
hard on the drill trying to drill down through concrete.
Hpw easy are these things to repair,
or shall I keep the plug and lead and dump the rest?

George

You shouldn't have to push at all, thats the whole point of SDS.

Hammering doesn't engage until it's pushed. Basic physics says it could
hardly be otherwise.