Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default DIY expenses and balance sheet for a Will

On 23/03/2018 20:02, Lobster wrote:
that said, as a non-professional executor you aren't
actually allowed to charge expenses for your time in doing the job

I believe this is ok providing it is agreed and included in the Will.
We didnt have this but will claim mileage/postage etc.
In some respects we are £s in as one beneficiary had POA and had already
taken steps to access the deceaseds funds, the deceased who was living
at the time didnt know about this but we managed to block it. Then when
he passed away that same beneficiary gloatingly told all she would be at
the bank the next day within 3 minutes of her dad dying........only to
be told there was a new Will and said beneficiary was not the executor!
It was a game of cat & mouse and we kept the ace cards up our sleeve
until the last minute.
Said beneficiary blew a gasket and was chucking stuff across her dads
dead body (died 3 minutes previously) it was unreal wish it had been
videoed, I would have put it on utube.