Bob Stan

Default Suspended ceiling edge

(Jeff) wrote in message . com...
I'm remodeling my basement but would like to leave the suspended
ceiling in for accessing wiring. However, I've knocked out a wall
(actually just goes along the stair line now) and therefore if I were
to hang the suspended ceiling, you would be able to see a 5-6" gap
between the joist and suspended ceiling. This only happens on one
side of the room. Is there any way that I can eliminate this gap or
am I just better off throwing drywall on the ceiling. Thanks in
advance.

Have you thought about tiling this gap with matching suspended ceiling
materials. You may need to install some of the panels vertical instead
of horizontal, but thats OK (may only need to get slightly inventive to
secure the vertical tiles from tipping down). Even this is no concern
if you can run at a non-vertical angle instead.

My biggest concern is asthetics of mismatching of new vs old materials.

-Bob Stan
http://www.hbci.com/~sew4uicn ...I love simple things