Greg O

Default Suspended ceiling edge

"Jeff" wrote in message
om...
I'm remodeling my basement but would like to leave the suspended
ceiling in for accessing wiring. However, I've knocked out a wall
(actually just goes along the stair line now) and therefore if I were
to hang the suspended ceiling, you would be able to see a 5-6" gap
between the joist and suspended ceiling. This only happens on one
side of the room. Is there any way that I can eliminate this gap or
am I just better off throwing drywall on the ceiling. Thanks in
advance.

I would just build in a false beam to run the ceiling up against.
If you have junction boxes in the ceiling you can not drywall over them. You
need access to any box with wire connections in them. I have suspended
ceilings in my basment. If I were to drywall the ceilings I would have to
re-wire most of the main floor!
Greg