Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT household rubbish

On 23/03/2018 10:45, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

The recycling bin goes out every two weeks

At the moment we get weekly collections of both wheelie bins (I choose
to put them out less frequently) but I gather the collections are due to
alternate between recycling and rubbish later this year ... might bother
larger households.

If it is anything like where we are, they'll have a system to cope with
larger housholds.

Our normal system is:

Green bin, 240l - food waste (plus garden waste if you pay an extra £40
a year) - collected weekly.

Grey bin, 120l - non-recyclable waste - collected fortnightly.

Blue bin, 240l - carboard and paper - collected monthly.

Black bin, 240l - plastic bottles, tins, cans and glass bottles -
collected monthly.

Leading to the green bin, plus one other, being collected every week.

For households with 5 or more residents, a 240l grey bin can be
requested instead of the 120l one. Additional blue and black bins can
also be requested.

SteveW