Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default DeWalt SDS drill repair or dump?

On 23/03/2018 11:35, George Miles wrote:
My DeWalt SDS drill turns but doesnt hammer.
Someone siad there's a spring inside which I may have broken by pushing hard on the drill trying to drill down through concrete.
Hpw easy are these things to repair,
or shall I keep the plug and lead and dump the rest?

George

Nothing to lose by stripping it, if you are used to doing such things. I
expect spares will be available, but may not be cheap and you may have
to pay import duty from USA. Certainly worth trying if it is otherwise
in reasonable condition. (But Chinese ones are cheap and certainly
adequate for my limited needs).