Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stick on real wood veneer.

In article ,
wrote:
Thing is for a large area you'd need some method of clamping rather
outside the scope of DIY? Unless I'm missing something?

Of course. Do you not have enough stuff you could pile on top? Put down
polythene then chipboard and on that you can put just about anything.
Doesn't get you high clamp pressure, but it only needs to stay in touch
to work.

I've been thinking about that - but my experience of using wood glue is
the higher the clamping pressure, the better, within reason. And how much
weight would you need on a largeish board to equal that provided by a
vacuum? (Just thinking about how much grunt a small area vacuum servo
produces on car brakes)

Other thing I've come across is iron on glue - paper backed. You iron that
on, let it dry, remove the paper, then iron on the veneer. Says suitable
for up to 1mm veneer.

--
*Am I ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Dave Plowman London SW