Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Pipework to shower

operated.

When I moved in to my current place which was about 10 years old, the
service valves in the airing cupboard were all gate valves. Not one
of them still worked. I replaced them all with full bore lever valves,
but I make a point of operating them all 2-3 times a year, and they've
been OK for 15 years now. In another place, I installed a couple under
the floor in case I ever needed to isolate part of the heating system,
but 5 years later, they had seized solid as there had been no use or
even access to them.

Thanks - thinking plain lengthe of pipe to replace the valves. It is easier
to turn off the water under the sink than to go into the loft to isolate
the shower. Was trying to comply!