The Natural Philosopher

Default Screw in sink

Nozza wrote:

I have a kitchen sink made from plastic - it is has a main sink for
washing up, and then a smaller sink right next to it, on the right,
for, er, well, I don't know.

The sink is made from white plastic. All has worked fine for the past
7 years. Until today. When I notice that water is dripping out from
underneath the sink into the cupboard underneath.

On close inspection I notice that there is now a screw missing in the
plug hole, and that the gubbins underneath the unit is no longer
tightly affixed to the underside of the unit.

Is there a standard size plastic screw for this - to go through the
middle of the plug hole and tighten the whole thing together? If so,
what's it called, and where can I get one. I don't really want to
replace the whole sink for the sake of a screw.

Yes, these are sometimes avaialable, or, you can do what I did: Drill
roght through the unit and put a bolt in and munge up the bits with BODY
FILLER and Silicone.

Thanks

Noz