Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Does old PVA glue go off?

Well it depends on whether its been near water or open in a damp atmosphere.
I've seen it be totally useless, but it still looks liquid but a little less
pale than it used to be.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
I've just recreated the classic chandelier drop scene in 'Only fools and
horses' (whoops), and now have a wooden chandelier light fitting assembled
with clamps, rubber bands and many squirts of PVA glue.

The glue bottle is a couple of years old, but still contains sloppy
liquid. Does it decline in assembled holding strength with age?

--
Adrian C