Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Smoke alarms, approx fitting costs

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 19/03/18 21:58, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/03/2018 17:59, Tim Watts wrote:
On 19/03/18 17:16, alan_m wrote:
On 19/03/2018 16:37, Tim Watts wrote:

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/ei-radio...-ei600-series/

Discontinued Unit, so.......

OK - ta...

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/fire-ang...d-heat-alarms/

I'm not sure why the majority of domestic properties would require
interlinking. If any of my alarms sound they can be easy heard in any
room in the house.

A fireman friend told me of a little girl who died because her bedroom
door was well-fitted, a fire started in her room but the smoke did not
trip the detector outside in the hall.

This is why I put units in every habitable room and interlinked them.
No one is sleeping through that!

Why does that require interlinking? (It does require one in her room)

Andy

Because if there's a fire from the TV upstairs, I damn well want to know
about it before the whole house is on fire!

It doesn't need to be a TV. A few weeks ago the hotel I was in was
evacuated at 5am - turned out tehnfire was caused by a phone charger.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England