Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Advice on drum sander usage.

On 3/19/18 6:06 AM, Perry wrote:
I'm not a wood worker so bear with me......

I've got a cast epoxy widget about 6 inches long x 2 inches wide x 1
inch tall.

It's cast in a mold and has a sharp edge around the top from the casting
process. I want to remove this and shave maybe 1/16" off the top.

The sides are sloped so I cant grip it in a vice and machine it under a
milling machine.

Can you grip it securely with you hands?
If so you could stick sandpaper to a flat work surface, then flip it
over and run the top over the sandpaper. Two or three sheets of paper
or a long strip from a roll would be best.

Just keep even pressure on the piece to keep it flat against the
sandpaper.
Make some practice strokes against a smooth work top.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--