Posted to rec.woodworking
Perry Perry is offline

Default Advice on drum sander usage.

I'm not a wood worker so bear with me......

I've got a cast epoxy widget about 6 inches long x 2 inches wide x 1
inch tall.

It's cast in a mold and has a sharp edge around the top from the casting
process. I want to remove this and shave maybe 1/16" off the top.

The sides are sloped so I cant grip it in a vice and machine it under a
milling machine.

I came across drum sanders and wondered if something like one of these
might work?

https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/L110

https://www.carbatec.com.au/sanding-and-finishing/sanding-machines-and-accessories/drum-sanders/sander-wide-drum-400mm-old-code-wds-400-wds-4080p

If I was to feed the 6" x 2" x 1" epoxy piece through what sort of
finish might I expect and would it be likely to kick the piece around?

It would be fed in with the shortest dimension (1") vertical.

/ \
/ \
| | sanding drum
\ /