Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mischievous question

In article ,
Scott writes:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 20:18:06 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Scott wrote:

I live in a top floor flat. If I turn off my heating, will this
increase my downstairs neighbour's gas bill? :-)

It'd increase yours more if they turned theirs off ...

Interesting, because my former neighbour had no central heating and I
have noticed a definite warming effect on my flat since heating was
installed downstairs.

When you do full heat calculations for a house, a significant quantity
of the heat upstairs comes from downstairs through the floor.
If you are zoning and might want to heat only the upstairs, you have to
calculate on the basis of reduced or no heat from downstairs (depending
if you will have a setup or heating downstairs completely off), and
will require higher heat output (e.g. larger upstairs radiators).

--
Andrew Gabriel