Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Fix my bumper?

On 3/18/18 5:55 PM, Nil wrote:
On 18 Mar 2018, trader_4 wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I can't tell if a piece is missing or not. If not, I've used crazy
glue for same kind of repair. What do you have to lose? If it
comes apart again, you can try more complicated repair. If
missing a piece find a piece of plastic to bridge it, then crazy
glue or fast epoxy.

No, nothing's missing yet, which is why I'm eager to repair it before
it gets worse and pieces start to fall off.

I like your idea or a plastic bridge. It should be something tough like
the original material, as I think that area probably gets road debris
thrown at it, and it gets scraped by things I might run over.

Drill holes and bridge with a piece of steel or hard plastic with
nylon bolts & nuts thru the holes.

Or epoxy a piece of plastic bridging the break from behind, not just
the edges of the break.

or both of the above ;-)