Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What did you do with an arbor press?

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:31:44 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:13:07 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 07:19:46 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 20:22:10 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:07:27 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

I crack black walnuts in my big-mutha bench vise. They are amazingly
tough; I'm amazed that the squirrels can chop through the shells.

Try picking a squirrel up sometime. HSS has nothing on their
chompers ;-)

My Dad use to whack them with a small hammer. Had a block of wood with
plastic skirt attached around the perimeter. Did this in the kitchen,
drove my Mom crazy. Glad I was away at work...

What did he do with the fur and blood and stuff?

2 points to you. You beat me.

(Grin!!)

The mental picture of Dad sitting at the kitchen table.. wacking them
with a small hammer and Mom cringing with each blow as she was baking
cookies... etc etc...got me laughing so hard the dogs came running....

LOL. I can picture both events, my friend.
How the hell are ya? Ping me elsewhere sometime.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full
description of a happy state in this world.