Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Waterhouse John Waterhouse is offline

Default Large double ended wood screws

replying to Andrew Mawson, John Waterhouse wrote:
Hi Andrew,
Did you ever manage to find a solution to this problem? I have some broken
fence posts (4" x 4") which I wish to repair. I was thinking of having some
large double ended wood screws made from hexagonal bar. One end would have a
standard "clockwise" thread whilst the other would have an "anticlockwise"
thread. ( Like the thread on left hand bicycle pedals except these will be
double pointed wood screws of course). This way, the screws can be tightened
with a spanner on the hexagonal bar in the middle. Hence the posts can be
repaired without having to dismantle the fence. I need four but it will cost
less per unit if more are made. How many do you need? Does anyone else need
some?
With kind regards, John

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ws-706117-.htm