Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Any experiences of hook'n' loop "pad savers"?

On 17/03/2018 21:51, John Rumm wrote:
On 17/03/2018 17:22, wrote:

Are they worthwhile on a random orbital sander?

I use them all the time - certainly cheaper than a new backing pad for
the sander. The padded ones are particularly good if you want to sand
curved surfaces. (or to sand a surfaced curved even!)

That's interesting. Where do you buy them from - Axminster?

I'm about to start sanding a 1930s parquet floor that I've partially
re-laid (about 250 blocks by the time I get the last ones down
tomorrow). I can't decide whether to hire a Sandglider or to buy an
Erbauer 150mm random orbital sander from SFix - not the ideal tool, but
with care I should be able to get the floor reasonably flat while
retaining a little of the "character" ... unless anyone has a better
suggestion?