Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Building Square Walls On New Construction Sill Plates

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:20:06 AM UTC-7, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
I have a use case where I want to build a wall on new construction.
Inevitably, the foundation pours are not perfectly level....
However, measuring and cutting long studs is slow and not that accurate
with just a tape and a chop saw.

This suggests a tech solution: an automatic stop for the chop saw
https://www.tigerstop.com/products/sawgear/

You still have to have a measurement for each stud, but the cut-to-length
operation is easier, because the length stop is adjusted by the
robot.