Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Harbor Freight Stepping up Their Game?

On 3/16/2018 4:44 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 18:32:13 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Comparing HF to Festool in just about anyway is just stupid. One is a tool designed and manufactured to the highest tolerances for dedicated woodworkers or exacting professionals, and one is a utility tool that fits a certain need. I have never heard of a professional saying, "man, one day I would really like to have one of those HF miter saws".

I fail to understand all the animosity for Festool unless it boils down
to: "I can't afford them therefore I will disparage them."

You hit the nail on the head.

Although there are valid reasons for not buying Festool other than not
being able to afford them. Nailshooter has a very valid concern of the
tools walking off from the job site or a worker treating it like it was
an inexpensive and easy to replace tool.