Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Controversy over Florida researchers' approach to kill overpopulating iguanas

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 10:30:36 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/12/2018 04:38 AM,
wrote:
On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 6:13:48 AM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Come on pansy asses, man up get a gun and shoot the *******s. Tax all those
that own one
for a pet to pay for the ammo.

If they're in a populated area, a bolt gun (or a rock) is the safest way.

You should see the controversy in Ann Arbor over culling the deer population.
They're using sharpshooters where they can, and sterilizing does where the
housing density is too high to safely shoot them. To my way of thinking,
once you've captured the doe, just kill it.

At least they're donating the meat to the hungry.

The newspaper is filled with bleeding hearts saying "stop the cull".

Helena uses net traps and bolt guns with the meat going to the food bank.

http://www.ktvh.com/2017/01/helena-d...ban-deer-count

There are a lot more sensitive types in Missoula so the idea doesn't fly
here. Also the deer are white tails and seldom cause problems compared
to the mule deer in Helena, other than eating gardens. I've seen them
standing by the side of the road calmly watching traffic and waiting for
a break before crossing the road. There's no need to buy lawn ornaments
in some parts of the city. One year around Christmas I walked by what I
thought was an elaborate creche setup before I noticed the figurines
were chewing their cuds.

The White Tail Deer is still the most dangerous animal in the US
killing more people than bears, alligators, snakes and big cats
combined.
Most don't look both ways before they cross the road.
I do wonder where the "if it saves one human life" people are here.
BTW the last time I almost got killed by a deer it was in downtown DC
on the Whitehurst freeway. I dodged one and the other one jumped over
the side (20' to K street below). I thought about going down to see
how she was doing but I did not have time to dress out a deer that
night.

A taxpayer wrote in to the local police wanting a deer crossing sign posted
and lines on the street. My first first comment was that I didn't know deer
could read.

--
Tekkie