Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is happening with these electrics?

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 14:06:47 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Rednadnerb wrote:
It's mice.

That a guess?

By a process of elimination I have narrowed the problem down to two
lengths of cable, both run under the hall floor.

Have you disconnected both sockets at either end of the suspect wiring
so it is totally isolated, then done tests on it?

Thank you all. I now just have to decide whether the occasional RCD
trip is worth taking up the floor boards for.

All to easy to think you've found the fault when you can't actually see
it.

See if any of the floorboard nails are live...