Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default What did you do with an arbor press?

On 15 Mar 2018 00:54:32 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2018-03-14, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:57:35 -0400
Ed Huntress wrote:

[ ... ]

I crack black walnuts in my big-mutha bench vise. They are amazingly
tough; I'm amazed that the squirrels can chop through the shells.

Try picking a squirrel up sometime. HSS has nothing on their
chompers ;-)

Done many times. We adopted a baby squirrel who trapped himself
in the service ceiling at work (through a decorative brick grille, which
his mother could not fit through), and we fed him and handled him until
he was ready to go back outdoors. (We took him out and showed him,
trees a number of times, before he got the idea. :-)

He never bit us. He would run spiraling around one of us, jump
to the other and spiral back down to ground level, so I guess that we
were serving the function of trees at that period. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Just don't let'em get inside your pantleg. The little buggers don't
know nuts from nuts