Posted to alt.home.repair
scat scat is offline

Default How many time clean carpet

replying to Leah, scat wrote:
I came here for the same reason. Doesn't seem to be a real answer. You vacuum
frequently, have no pets-I'm the opposite (1x every 2 weeks) and have 2 cats.
It doesn't seem to matter. I have the same issue on rugs not wet cleaned for a
long time and rugs that are cleaned frequently. Ive passed this last rug 7x,
alternating soap and then water only. The dirty water isn't as thick but is
still a grayish color. The rug feels so much better. It's not mold, there's no
smell and the rug drys quickly. It makes me wonder about professional
cleaning, I mean you never actually get to see what the water looks lie coming
out, so how do you know it's any different? Mine gets one more rinse and then
I'm done until the next time. I will say that I will do it more frequently
than I have.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-262637-.htm