Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Even remoaners are not completely stupid...

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 10:29:58 UTC, tim... wrote:
"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 13-Mar-18 9:39 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

The sensible solution would be to stay in the single market ...

Wouldn't be brexit then, would it.

It might not be your personal vision of Brexit, but we will have left the
EU, which was the only question on the referendum. Whatever Brexiteers may
think they voted for, there was no question in the referendum about
freedom of movement, or our membership of the single market, the customs
union, Euratom, Europol (insert a large collection of acronyms here) or
our cooperation with Europe in the fight against terrorism. All of those
(and even whether we would leave at all) are decisions that are up to the
government in power.

but there was in the campaign literature, and that's what peoe vote for

We don't vote in national elections because we prefer to have a person named
Smith instead of one named Jones as our MP

we vote for their manifesto. And we have every right to expect them too
honour that manifesto when they are elected.

you're free to expect it, even if it's a bit naive.

a referendum is the same

any other interpretation is cheating

tim