Bruce

Default New Front Door(s)

Hi,

I want to replace the double front doors of my house. The current wood
doors are 37" and 36" wide, and 80" tall. They are pretty basic doors,
with no windows or panels.

I've installed plenty of doors, but not double doors. Since the cost of
the doors will be relatively high, and since it has to be done right, I
will have a contractor install them.

I'm looking for suggestions about what to consider when selecting
doors/contractors.

Is it best to get the doors from the contractor that installs them? I know
this would cost more, but will I avoid finger pointing between door
manufacturer and contractor this way if problems occur down the line? Or,
is installing double doors fairly straight forward, so I don't need to
worry about this? Do I find a carpenter or a general contractor?

When looking for doors, what are some of the things that a novice like my
self might not know to consider.

Sincerley,
Bruce