Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Microwave repair

On 13/03/2018 11:32, Brian Reay wrote:
On 12/03/18 11:38, Andy Burns wrote:
While warming up the cup of coffee I'd forgotten to drink, I stood
there noticing the slight break-up on the bluetooth speaker that's
right next to the microwave ... until I noticed something else, the
damned turntable is no longer going round.

Can turn the spindle by hand, and tell that it's quite highly geared,
it's an 8 year old stainless Neff.Â* Since it's built-in and was
difficult to find one to fit, I'd prefer to repair rather than replace.

I realise the dangers from the capacitor until discharged, and the
beryllium oxide bits, and presume that making sure it's well and truly
back together before powering it back on avoids any trouble from
tripping the interlocks.

That said I expect to be able to get at the turntable motor/gearbox
without going near the "active" end ... any other gotchas?

I have had two similar failures. Both times of a little synchronous
motor. Easily accessed from underneath via an access panel.

No need to go anywhere near the hot bits.

This type of thing

https://www.espares.co.uk/search/pt1737/microwaves/motors?mkwid=1AfYGld4&pcrid=11950667713&kword=micr owave%20synchronous%20motor&match=be&plid={placeme nt}&pdv=c&msclkid=00f4dfed7a6a182c97a6854acd47f8ba &utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Appli ances&utm_term=microwave%20synchronous%20motor&utm _content=Microwave%20-%20Motor

--
Chris B (News)