Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Water softener systems

On 11 Mar 2018 13:54:03 GMT
David wrote:

We now have a salt based water softener which does a proper job.

We have one which takes salt tablets, which involves buggering about
with a bag of tablets every few weeks.

The ones which take blocks of salt are a bit more expensive but they
are so much easier to keep topped up with salt.

Agreed. The location of our softener means that block salt is the only
way to go. There had been a pellet-type one there before, and it had
been neglected and abandoned, and had turned into a solid block of salt.
That came out when we moved in, and a twin-tower water-powered block
salt unit put in its place. It's great.

This is in East Anglia, officially a Very Hard Water Area. The concept
of softening all the water supplied in the area boggles the mind, it
would take a softening plant the size of one of our counties.

--
Davey.