Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default BBC Two: The Repair Shop

On 10/03/2018 23:37, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 11:49:16 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

Starts on Monday, 6.30, BBC2. 15 progs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08...casts/upcoming

If it's a repeat of the original or a 2nd series, you may be in for a
disappointment. The original series was more in the genre of "Lifestyle"
programming aimed at a BBC1 audience rather than an honest to goodness DIY
"Howto" for a BBC2/4 audience. :-(

Yeah I was disappointed by the first series. Some of the repairs were
rather weird or done for sentimental reasons of items that really
weren't worth repairing. There was a longcase clock where they added a
sort of strike mechanism that made a ting once an hour. They didn't
explain why it didn't have a proper strike mechanism which, I think,
they nearly all have - or why there was a hole in the dial for the
strike winder. Perhaps none of the mechanism was original.

--
Max Demian