Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water softener systems

On Sunday, 11 March 2018 08:54:15 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Saturday, 10 March 2018 22:08:44 UTC, Jon Parker wrote:

So. I'm fed up with scale everywhere. I'm thinking water softener.

I don't want to faff about filling it with salt every 5 minutes.

It's there an idiots guide somewhere which explains the different
systems?

This one for example seems to good to be true. Which probably means it's
total ********...

https://www.easyh2o.co.uk/product/4-...em-rrp-239-105

Can anyone with a system installed comment please?

those magnetic things are a scam.
That leaves phosphate dosing and ion exchange. IE requires regular salt
tablets. P requires a very occasional replacement cartridge. Drinking
water taps (ie kitchen cold) should not be softened.

NT

You say that, but surely where water is soft already nobody has the choice.

wrong as usual

I don't think there should be any problem with softened water,

there is, albeit minor. feel free to read up on it.

but I guess
if things were not kept working correctly one could end up with something
not very good for you.

true

I covered the magnetic idea earlier, They cause clumping together of lime
scale, and it is still in the system, somewhere, probably clogging up the
pipes!

Brian

they don't. Do you ever read up on anything?